This is a relationship skills discussion forum offered monthly in Hartford, CT. All are welcome: individuals, couples, polyamorous households. We practice safe space. All questions for discussion are welcome. Contact info: use contact form.
|Topic||Small Group Activity||Open Q&A: all questions on all relationship topics|
|1. What do I want? Explore desires and needs and speaking honestly||Situation grab bag plus pairing up to practice “I want,” “I need,” “I prefer,” and more.||How does it feel to speak forthrightly?|
|2. Communication Skills
and Emotional Connection
3. Communication Skills: Speaking Honestly and Deep Revealing
|2. Improvisation exercises
3. A Very Effective Problem Solving Technique
|4. Negotiations. Dating. Formal negotiations for couples.||Begin by writing a family mission statement. List major issues. List major needs.|
|5. Negotiations. How to form a relationship contract.||We’ll work on forming a relationship contract.||We’ll discuss its importance, length of term, issues.|
|6. Relationship roles. D/s. M/s. Non-implementer S-types. Egalitarian and kink.||Survey and discussion. Interview each other.||Non-egalitarian versus egalitarian in kink. What do you need? Needs determine identity.|
|7. Rituals, Routines, and Protocols||Couples Practice: turn an existing routine into a protocol that supports a need or goal.||We’ll start with our existing routines and habits with our mate. Why rituals? What’s the meaning of protocols?|
Show your support by following us! Thank you.
Share on social media. We appreciate it.
Topics and Notes
- Introduction and Safe Space. Lesson topic: Who am I and what power do I bring to a relationship? Am I able under all circumstances to speak for my needs? How self-aware am I? Am I asking other people to fulfill my needs as a dependent? How can I fill myself up and stay full? How can I be more fully present for myself and in my relationships? Class activity: self-introspection exercises, fill-me-up exercise, and breakout pairs. Group: discussion and Q&A. March 17, 2018.
- Communication Skills and Deep Emotional Connection. Guest: Masterful Touch. Activity: improvisation. April 14, 2018. Download Attendee Notes for April 14.
- Communication Skills: problem-solving. Activity: a highly effective problem-solving technique. July 28, 2018. Download problemsolving_technique_june2018.
- Communication on a Deeper Level: speaking my needs and listening for yours.
- Validation. October 27, 2018.
- Decision making. November 24, 2018. Download notes, Decision Making Strategies.